Kevin F. Truxillo
Kevin F. Truxillo is a partner in the New Orleans office of Garrison, Yount, Forte & Mulcahy, LLC. Kevin’s practice includes the defense of clients in civil litigation involving premises liability, automobile liability, insurance coverage disputes, medical malpractice, and general casualty. Kevin has extensive experience defending environmental/toxic tort claims, including cases involving allegations of exposure to asbestos, benzene, silica, lead, formaldehyde, and other chemicals/substances. He has also represented both plaintiffs and defendants in commercial litigation involving contractual disputes, collection work, and complex healthcare issues, including ERISA claims. Kevin has successfully tried cases and handled appeals in both state and federal courts in Louisiana.
Kevin is a member of the Louisiana Bar (2006) and is admitted to practice before the United States District Courts for the Eastern, Western, and Middle Districts of Louisiana and the United States Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit. He is a member of the International Association of Defense Counsel (IADC), Louisiana Bar Association, the New Orleans Bar Association, and the Federal Bar Association.
Kevin is a graduate of Louisiana State University (B.S., 2003) and Louisiana State University Law Center (J.D./B.C.L., 2006). While in law school, Kevin received the CALI Excellence Award for his performance in Latin American Business Law and Matrimonial Regimes.
Kevin and his wife, Kara, have been married for 10 years, and they are the proud parents of two young children. Outside of the office, Kevin enjoys spending time with his family and friends and participating in recreational sports leagues. He is also active in the local community, donating his time to the St. Dominic School Men’s Club and Jesuit High School.
- Triche v. McDonald’s Corporation, 14-318 (La. App. 5th Cir. 10/29/14), 164 So.3d 253.
- Frank v. Boomtown, L.L.C., 12-382 (La. App. 5th Cir. 12/11/12), 106 So.3d 227.
- Authenment v. Ingram Barge Co., 878 F.Supp.2d 672 (E.D. La. 7/13/12).
- Preston Law Firm, L.L.C. v. Mariner Health Care Management Co., 622 F.3d 384 (5th Cir. 10/1/10).
- Murungi v. Texas Guaranteed, 402 Fed.Appx. 849 (5th Cir. 9/16/10).
- Cyprien v. Board of Supervisors for the University of Louisiana System, 2008-1067 (La. 1/21/09), 5 So.3d 862.
- Robertson v. Frank’s Super Value Foods, Inc., 08-592 (La. App. 5th Cir. 1/13/09), 7 So.3d 669.