Lyon H. Garrison
Lyon H. Garrison, a founding partner of the firm, is a graduate of the University of New Orleans (B.S., 1985) and Loyola University (J.D., 1989). He is a member of the Louisiana Bar (1989), the Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel, the American Bar Association and the New Orleans Bar Association.
Lyon practices in the area of casualty litigation, representing defendants in state and federal courts throughout Louisiana in the fields of maritime, products liability, environmental/toxic torts, premises liability, automobile insurance defense, state and federal workers compensation, employment discrimination, healthcare litigation, multi-district litigation, and hurricane property damage matters.
Lyon is also experienced in handling complex business litigation and he has handled politically sensitive cases for several clients, including a regional specialty hospital. He has also represented defendants in class action matters and multi-district litigation. In addition to his litigation practice, Lyon currently serves as managing partner of the New Orleans office and as regional counsel for a worldwide corporation, where he is consulted on various types of litigation including food borne illness, premises liability and security issues on cases throughout the United States.
Lyon has lectured in the areas of automobile insurance defense, bad faith insurance claims, workers compensation matters, discovery issues, investigation of claims and securing evidence, and defending foreign object and food borne illness claims. Lyon has also assisted a worldwide corporation in training its attorneys at the corporate headquarters. Lyon recently served as trial counsel in MDL No. 07-MD-1873, In Re: FEMA Formaldehyde Trailer Products Liability Litigation, wherein he successfully defended a trailer manufacturer in a “bellwether” trial brought by a Hurricane Katrina evacuee claiming injuries due to formaldehyde exposure.
Lyon has also been active in the local community. He has coached basketball and baseball at his neighborhood playground. He has served in several leadership roles for Jesuit High School, including: Chairman of the President’s Advisory Council, President of the Alumni Association, Chairman of the Living Endowment Fund, and a Tri-Chairman of the Parents Annual Giving Drive. Lyon has been married to Lisa for 32 years, and they have 3 sons and a granddaughter.
- Triche v. McDonald’s Corp., 14-318 (La. App. 5th Cir. 10/29/14), 164 So. 3d 253, 2014 WL 5463304.
- Frank v. Boomtown L.L.C., 12-382 (La. App. 5th Cir. 12/11/12), 106 So. 3d 227, 2012 WL 6176728.
- Cyprien v. Board of Supervisors, University of Louisiana System, 2008-1067 (La. 1/21/09), 5 So. 3d 862.
- Hebert v. C.R. England, Inc., No. 08-4974, 4975 (E.D. La. May 8, 2009), 2009 WL 1323038.
- Graft v. Mason, No. 08-4820 (E.D. La. Mar. 19, 2009), 2009 WL 799973.
- Young v. Balboa Ins. Co., No. 07-9842 (E.D. La. Mar. 5, 2009), 2009 WL 586122.
- Cook v. Huchingson, No. 08-5177 (E.D. La. Feb. 20, 2009), 2009 WL 483840.
- Robertson v. Frank’s Super Value Food Inc., 08-592 (La. App. 5th Cir. 1/13/09), 7 So. 3d 699, 2009 WL 90858.
- Breaux v. Gulf Stream Coach, Inc., No. 08-893 (E.D. La. Jan. 21, 2009), 2009 WL 152109.
- Hammond v. Plaquemines Parish, 2007-0782 (La. App. 4th Cir. 3/19/08), 982 So. 2d 204, 2009 WL 795040.
- Talbot v. Oats, No. 06-6843 (E.D. La. Nov. 27, 2006), 2006 WL 3918396.
- Curtis v. Nabors Offshore Corp., No. 05-0815 (E.D. La. Nov. 17, 2006), 2006 WL 3904978.
- Liljeberg Enterprises Int’l, LLC., No. 04-2780 (E.D. La. May 19, 2005), WL 1309158.
- Laird v. Deep Marine Tech. Inc., No. 03-2211 (E.D. La. Jan. 4, 2005), WL 22949.
- Liljeberg Enterprises Int’l, LLC., No. 04-2780 (E.D. La. Nov. 24, 2004), 2004 WL 2725965.
- Otterstatter v. Oil Tools, Inc., No. 04-0410 (E.D. La. Oct. 18, 2004), 2004 WL 2359307.
- Bujol v. Entergy Services, Inc., 2003-492, 502 (La. 5/25/04), 922 So. 2d 1113, 2004 WL 1157413.
- Perkins v. Entergy Services, Inc., 98-2801, 2083 (La. App. 1st Cir. 12/28/99), 756 So. 2d 388, 1999 WL 1269077.
- Stewart v. ARA Leisure Services, Inc., 97-1926 (La. App. 4th Cir. 10/29/97), 702 So. 2d 75, 1997 WL 680807.
- Gill v. Matlock, Inc., 94-2546 (La. App. 1st Cir. 10/6/95), 671 So. 2d 395, 1995 WL 588292.
- Barrilleaux v. Fryades Sav. & Loan Ass’n., 94-956 (La. App. 5th Cir. 3/28/95), 653 So. 2d 690, writ denied, 95-1041 (La. 6/2/95), 654 So. 2d 1113, 1995 WL 129361.
- Munch v. Lafitte Barataria Crown Point Fire Dept., 619 So. 2d 101, (La. App. 5th Cir. 1993), 1993 WL 166300.
- Broussard v. John E. Graham & Sons, 798 F. Supp. 370, No. 92-308 (E.D. La. Sept. 9, 1993), 1992 WL 224489.
- Berry v. Brown & Root, Inc., 595 So. 2d 767, (La. App. 4th Cir. 1992), 1992 WL 36392.